Anemia / pallor /pale color of the skin is a medical condition, in which there is a deficit of red cells or of hemoglobin in the blood.The term anemia has been borrowed from the Greek word anaemia which means without blood.
In order to work correctly, our body needs a consistent quantity of oxygen. Our red blood corpuscles (cells) enclose a stuff known as hemoglobin which acts as a binder to oxygen.
Hemoglobin, it may be mentioned, is actually a red protein loaded with iron and is accountable for carrying oxygen in the blood.
The red blood cells take the oxygen from our lungs and transport it to our brain as well as to the remainder of our body. Anemia results, when we do not have sufficient red blood cells or hemoglobin to create adequate oxygen in the blood. As a result, our organs are made miserable and have no get-up-and-go, because they don’t get an adequate amount of oxygen to operate. This situation is known as hypoxia.
If anemia is trivial, it may not produce any symptoms and if it is continuing bit by bit our body may adjust and get used to it without producing any symptoms ;however, if it becomes terrible and acute, it will surely manifest itself in the form of various symptoms.
Anemia can be:
- Long lasting
Anemia can be essentially compartmentalized into:
- That caused by defective production of RBCs
- That caused by blood loss
- That caused by deficiency of iron
There is an association between:
- Anemia and the kidneys(when kidneys don’t work correctly, our RBC calculation is afflicted)
- Anemia and the bone marrow(given that RBCs are conceived in the bone marrow hence its health is quite significant)
- Anemia and dietary deficits in the body(whenever we fail to consume a balanced diet, our RBC calculation is afflicted)
Depending upon the scale of damage, anemia can cause an extensive assortment of symptoms.
Anemia symptoms can be one or more of the following:
- Mucosa of the eyes is colorless
- Skin of the face and palms is sallow
- A fiery feeling in the tongue
- Dehydration in the mouth and throat
- Eruptions at the angles of mouth
- Pale gums
- An avid longing for clay(pica)
- Eyes appear lifeless
- Nails of fingers are ashen
- Hindrance in breathing during any physical effort such as climbing stairs, running etc
- Headache(due to deficiency of oxygen in the brain)
- Hair loss
- Premature wrinkles of skin
- Bad mood
- Chest pain
- Augmented vulnerability to infections
- Loss of weight
- Deficiency of attentiveness hence trouble to do mental work
- Sore throat
- Cold sweating
- Difficulty in upholding body temperature
- Excessive bleeding during menses
- Speedy heart beat(tachycardia)
Anemia—–also known as ‘Penniless Man’s Malady’ is an uncanny feeling that remains concealed in many individuals; it afflicts all segments of the civilization regardless of age and sex.As a matter of fact, anemia is not an ailment but a shortcoming that can cause other complaints. Our anemia symptoms may be a warning signal for us to hunt for medical advice from a doctor online